Reports to: General Manager
The Non – Ferrous Manager is responsible for the management, training, developments, performance, retention, and engagement of employees. Leading the department in the achievement of operational objectives pertaining to quality control, performance, production efficiency, costs, customer service, and workplace safety.
- Knowledge of inventory management, shipping and receiving material using lean manufacturing principles is a plus.
- Serve as a role model, support, and ensure compliance with all safety and environmental policies and practices.
- Work closely with Commercial Team to keep them informed when non-ferrous commodities need to be sold.
- Schedule non-ferrous shipments to end consumers.
- Ability to identify, grade and sort Non-Ferrous metals.
- Operate and train employees on operation of computer scale systems, forklifts, balers, and other processing equipment.
- Conduct monthly inventory.
5 – 10 years of experience preferred. Must have management experience in heavy industrial or manufacturing environment, recycling, and metal industry preferred. College degree in related field (Business / Management / Logistics) a plus.
Will be required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos, to write correspondence, memos, and schedule; to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to guests, clients, and fellow staff.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math skills required.
Problem solving, reasoning, and “thinking out of the box” will be a constant requirement; in addition, applying common sense understanding to better serve our guests’ needs.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Prolonged periods of walking and standing.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at a time.
- Occasionally sits, climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, crawls or crouches.
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Extended periods of reaching with hands and arms.
- Consistently turning and moving of hands, arms, feet, and legs
Regularly uses close, distance, color and peripheral vision as well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability Preferences
- Must have working knowledge of Non – Ferrous metals
- Must have strong sales skills and strive to develop long-term customer relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, telephone etiquette and computer knowledge.
- Must be able to negotiate prices, service and terms with both customers and carriers.
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Must display strong motivation and resourcefulness; be self-motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Willing to work different shifts and travel up to 25% of the time.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
To apply for this job email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org